Since the East Metro Integration District (EMID) is made up of ten school districts, it can be a challenge to find out who to contact when you want to make your voice heard. This page pulls together information about each of the school boards that are part of EMID.
First up is EMID’s own Joint Powers Board. In any other district this would be called the “school board,” but since EMID is a collaborative of ten districts who operate under a “joint powers” agreement, we get a “joint powers” board. Our board is made up of one representative from the school board of each participating school district.
EMID also provides its own list of joint powers board members. Here our list which differs from time to time:
- Superintendent, Janet Mohr, 651–379-2701, email@example.com
- (ISD #831) Forest Lake, Karen Morehead, 651–464-3577, firstname.lastname@example.org
- (ISD 199) Inver Grove Heights, Cindy Nordstrom, 651.270.6919, email@example.com
- (ISD 623) Roseville, Kitty Gogins Clerk, 651.481.0500, firstname.lastname@example.org
- (ISD 625) Saint Paul, John Brodrick, Treasurer, 651–645-7500, email@example.com
- (SSD 006) South St. Paul, Amy Williams, 651–402-3787, firstname.lastname@example.org
- (ISD 833) South Washington County, Jim Gelbmann, 651–739-5575, email@example.com
- (ISD 16) Spring Lake Park, Marilyn Forsberg, Vice-Chair, 763–784-7751, firstname.lastname@example.org
- (ISD 834) Stillwater, George Hoeppner, Chair, (h) 651–439-8422, (v) 651–351-8433, email@example.com
- (ISD 197) West St. Paul, Byron Schwab, 651–451-9928, firstname.lastname@example.org
- (ISD 624) White Bear Lake, Lori Swanson, 651–429-1408, email@example.com
In the past we have also had districts 622 and 832 participating, but they have left the EMID collaborative.
All at once?
If you wish to send an email to all of the board at once, just click on this address.
The EMID board has a number of committees. They work hard to make sure these committees have fewer than six members, so that the meetings of these committees can happen behind closed doors. Six members of the EMID board would constitute a “quorum” and force the meeting to be public. These were the committee assignments made by the board at their meeting on 15 February 2012:
Superintendents Advisory Committee (formerly the Steering Committee): Brodrick, Forsberg, Gogins, Hoeppner.
Finance Committee: Brodrick, Gelbmann, Vujovich.
Policy Committee: Forsberg, Morehead, Nordtrom.
Personnel Committee: Morehead, Schwab, Swanson.
Association of Metropolitan School Districts Liaison: Gelbmann.
Harambee Liaisons: Morehead, Schwab.
Crosswinds Liaisons: Nordstrom, Vujovich.
Special Superintendent Search Committee (Winter/Spring 2012): Brodrick, Gogins, Hoeppner, Schwab, Swanson.